There always seems to be some type of diet that is sweeping the nation, but do they really work? Dieting shouldn’t be challenging, it should be a commitment you’ve made to yourself to embark on a new health journey. Finding the right diet is crucial to your success, but the Paleo version may be just simple enough to follow and get you to your fitness weight loss goal.
The Paleo diet is known as a very healthy method of clean eating. Clean eating involves consuming foods that are free of refined sugars, trans fats, and preservatives. Eating those can be very toxic to the body and result in cancers, obesity, cardiac illness, and even depression. Avoiding them at all costs is the best way to live, which may equate a whole new way of living for most newcomers to the Paleo diet.
Things that you are permitted to eat while following the Paleo diet are:
Meats; look for lean ones, vegetables, fruits, good fats, seafood and seeds or nuts. Dieters should avoid consuming dairy, heavy starches, processed foods, sugar, and alcohol. Lean proteins are a must for optimizing your success with the Paleo diet. Fruits and veggies are essential for providing your daily dose of needed vitamins and antioxidants.
Healthy fats can be found inside nuts, avocados and fish oils.
Some changes you can gain from implementing the Paleo Diet:
- Weight loss
- Pain relief from minor aches and pain
- Better blood lipid quality
- Increased vitamin intake
- Clean eating without putting chemicals in your body
- The food choices will apply anti-inflammatory properties
- You will stay full for longer periods of time
Some disadvantages that can be related to the Paleo Diet:
- It can be expensive to eat the Paleo way
- Energy crisis may be upon you due to the lack in carbs
- Cutting out dairy equates a loss in calcium which the bones require for good health
- It can be challenging for vegetarians to follow the Paleo diet
- Advanced athletes will require carbs for energy to get through their fitness routines
The Paleo diet can be very rewarding for many people seeking to feel healthier and seek weight loss. It can help with a cleansing process detoxifying the body, and providing them with a whole new way of living pain free. By encouraging the high amounts of healthy fats and proteins in the Paleo plan, many athletes are able to build muscle quicker, and sustain it longer as protein is essential for muscle building. Always consult with your doctor prior to embarking on any new diet plan if you may be at risk or have any previous medical history with a restricted diet.